
Liu Yanan / Xinhua via Getty Images
TAKEAWAYS KEY
- Stellantis said Wednesday it is suspending its full-year outlook, pointing to "tariff-related uncertainties."
- The "Big Three" automaker, which is home to such brands as Jeep and Chrysler, is the latest to withdraw its full-year projections as President Donald Trump's tariffs weigh on the industry.
- The pulled guidance comes as automakers face a 25% levy on imported vehicles, although some of the hit they got some relief Tuesday with some softening of the rules.
Stellantis, (STLA), announced on Wednesday that its full-year forecast is being suspended due to “tariff related uncertainties.”
The “Big Three Automakers”, The company, which houses Jeep and Chrysler brands, is the latest to pull its full-year forecasts as President Donald Trump’s tariffs impact the industry. General Motors (GM), which is home to Jeep and Chrysler, has withdrawn its previous 2025 guidance due to the “potential impact of tariffs” and delayed updating it because of uncertainty over auto duties.
The withdrawal of the guidance comes at a time when automakers face a levy of 25% on imported vehicles. They got some relief, however, on Tuesday, when the Trump administration lowered some auto tariffs.
Stellantis said it is working with governments on the tariff policies while acting "to reduce impacts." The company said it is also "taking action to adjust production plans, and identifying opportunities for improved sourcing."
Stellantis said its first-quarter revenue fell 14% year–over-year to 35.8 billion euros ($40.7 billion) on "lower shipment volumes, as well as unfavorable mix and pricing.” As predicted in preliminary Q1 estimates earlier this month, shipments fell 9% to 1.22 million units because of decreased North American production due to "extended holiday downtime in January."
Stellantis shares have not changed much in premarket trading, despite the fact that they had lost more than one quarter of their value by Wednesday.